[Sca-cooks] I RUINED MY POT

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 07:10:34 PDT 2001

Last night DH burned one of my nickel-bottomed Revereware saucepans.  The pan
became so hot that the sodder holding the nickel-bottom to the bottom of the
saucepan became liquidy and oozzed out of the edges of the pan.  There was
silver colored solder on the saucepan, on the electric element AND on an
antique silver fork that my husband grabbed to try to get the sodder off.

Question: Can I still use the pot? Will I poison my family? The nickel bottom
seems to be still in tack.

Thanks !
Phillipa