[Sca-cooks] Possibly food related. Dogwood trees.

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Wed Oct 3 14:57:25 PDT 2001

Here's a wierd question.  I've read that a korean variety of
dogwood tree produces a small fruit that is supposed to be
quite yummy.  Our new house has three dogwood trees, I do
not know the exact variety.  Right now, they all have the
loveliest red berry type fruits on them.  Is this the korean
dogwood fruit of lore?  I had a dogwood tree at my last
house, and do not remember it producing any similar berry in
the autumn.  Nor do I remember ever noticing them on any
other dogwood.

If they are the edible type, does anybody know what I should
do with them?  Eat them raw?  Make jelly from them?  Use
them in cooking?

Thank you!
-Magdalena