[Sca-cooks] Possibly food related. Dogwood trees.

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Wed Oct 3 15:13:19 PDT 2001

Flowering dogwood berries are apparently great for birds but some sources
indicate that they are either poisonous to people:
http://www.agriculture.com/windstar/profiles/dogwood.html, or simply very
bitter. On the other hand, the Philadelphia Children's Hospital poison
control site, http://poisoncontrol.chop.edu/ppn_berries.shtml, says they are
not toxic to eat but may that the tree cause skin rashes on contact.

Red osier dogwood berries are edible, however.

Of course the exciting problem is finding out what you have!