[Sca-cooks] Way WAY OT, Southern Jews (and others) (Was: Flawda)

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Oct 4 21:14:17 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/4/2001 5:26:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Seton1355 at aol.com writes:

>  He says that
>  Miami is not part of the south.  Why? Because he says that when you can
hear
>  the following statement:
>  "I used to keep a kosher home, but I don;t anymore."
>  You are not southern!

He's not even close, I don't remember the exact location, but here in the
Upstate of SC is a Jewish Cemetery that dates at least from the 1700's
according to the headstones.

A lot of people who settled in the South were Jewish or Greek, or any number
of other ethnic types than the stereotypical white bread "Bubba". I DO
however find it amusing that the Bubba types sometimes claim these people as
ancestors with NO idea who they actually were....

Corwyn

"Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind." --
General William Westmoreland