[Sca-cooks] Way way WAY OT Accents (Was: Flawda)

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Oct 4 21:20:53 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/4/2001 7:02:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com writes:

> I was born in Texas and raised in Virginia and many people think I too am
>  either from the West or the North because of my lack of a southern accent.
>  But my mother and grandmother have an accent as clear as day. Weird.......
>
>  Misha

I was born and raised in SC with a pedigree that goes back 300 years on the
Caucasian side of the family, and I've been frequently told I only have an
accent when I'm drunk, tired or irritated....

It was quite a shock when I was told this by one couple who considered it a
compliment though...

Obligatory food content:  I can make corn bread and fried green tomatoes and
all kinds of high fat Southern stuff with the best of them though......

Corwyn

"Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind." --
General William Westmoreland