[Sca-cooks] OP Mushroom "spread"

Dunbar, Debra debra.dunbar at aspenpubl.com
Fri Oct 5 07:44:08 PDT 2001

Here ya go:

Russian Mushroom Pate
In a large frying pan, saute 12oz of various mushrooms and 1 medium onion
(both finely chopped) in 4oz butter. When the mushrooms are browned and
soft, add 1 Tablespoon dry sherry and remove from heat.  In a bowl, beat
together 3oz Ricotta cheese, 3oz of cream cheese, 2 oz finely chopped fresh
parsley, 1 oz finely chopped fresh tarragon, and 1 oz finely chopped fresh
marjoram.  Stir in the mushrooms, onion and the juice from the pan.  Beat
the mixture with a wooden spoon until it is well combined.  Spoon into a
bowl or crock, cover and chill.  It should be chilled overnight, but I've
had it up to 3 days later and it just gets better and better!  I like to
have with with some crusty bread - yum!

Wrynne