[Sca-cooks] And now- for something completely different!- rose hips!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Oct 8 15:27:02 PDT 2001

HI everyone!

I have been eyeballing the roses out front, and there's probably a dozen
or more fat, juicy-looking rose hips on the straggly old-fashioned roses
in front of the dining room window (Regina could tell what kind they are
but she's not home to ask). I've been thinking that they aren't enough
to really do anything with, but maybe enough to experiment with. What
does one do with rose hips? I have vague memories of making a sauce once
at a cooks night, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember the
source. Are they dried and ground? Stewed? Sliced and put in pottage?
All of the above?

Any ideas?

'Lainie
(not picking htem now anyway- it's suddenly raining. HARD.)