[SCA-Cooks] Women's Rights in Afghanistan Petition to the UN

morgancain at earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 11 08:13:49 PDT 2001

>>> I'm sorry if I bothered anyone with what I sent out.

It's partly that I get the same thing about eight or ten times a year - EVERY year, not just right now.  And I really fear that we're due for a flood of this chain letter, I'd rather stop it as quickly as possible.

>>> I think that it doesn't hurt to stand up for what
>>> you believe by doing things like this.

Yes, but why make an empty gesture?  Why not do something substantial, like make a donation to the organizations helping the refugees?

      http://www.unrefugees.com/home/index.html
      http://www.refintl.org/cgi-bin/ri/index
      http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

>>> I was simply responding to a simple request from a friend
>>> I trust, knowing full well that it won't do any material
>>> good, but hoping that, if these women at least could find
>>> out that we care, it might give them hope...and, after all,
>>> that's what life is all about, n'est pas??

I am not disagreeing - but I don't see any way that the women of Afghanistan are going to see those petitions.  Let's do something substantive for them, c'est vrai?

                          ---= Morgan

"In the dark times, will there be singing in the dark times?
  Yes, there will be singing about the dark times."
                                  Bertolt Brecht: 1898-1956)
   Kathleen Rae - b. 9/15/01 - 7lbs 7oz - 20" - BEAUTIFUL