[Sca-cooks] Frumenty/Pottage recipes

Volker Bach bachv at paganet.de
Sat Oct 13 02:58:24 PDT 2001

Hi folks,

I've fallen in love with bulgur lately and have
already tried out a number of very nice
combinations (try it with thinly sliced pork,
onions and green beans, boiled in broth and
seasoned with salt, pepper and mace - heavenly).
Anyways, I am under the impression that grain
(including wheat) frumenties and pottages with
various ingredients were period staples, but I
have yet to find an actual period recipe for a
meal dish (including meat or fish and vegetables)
rather than a side dish (which is in Diversa
Servisioa and redacted in Pleyn Delit). Anybody
know of one?

Grateful and Eager to Try

Giano