[Sca-cooks] feast size was Marzipan 8 track tapes

Nambeanntan at aol.com Nambeanntan at aol.com
Sun Oct 14 08:05:15 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/14/2001 9:08:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rkappler at home.com writes:

> We are also doing a Queen's Luncheon prepared by Baron Master Joram
> Goldspoons (come out of Lurk Mode Master Joram :-) which will also be
> limited for different reasons.  This is limited to 25 people in order to
> make it highly exclusive so I can charge an outrageous sum of money ($20 per
> head).  It is a fund raiser for the Royal Travel Fund.

This sounds like a great idea, has this been done before and if so how did it
turn out?

> Finally, we are doing a dayboard which is included in basic Troll.  I don't
> have a commitment on that yet, am awaiting a decision from the two ladies
> that I asked.

I still can't imagine how everyone doing a dayboard can figure out the amout
of food to make if you don't know how many will be there.  Is a dayboard a
meal or just things to knosh on?  Dayboards and offboards are unfamilar in
Trimaris.  Guess it goes back to tradition.

> To start off the discussion on Marzipan 8 Track Tapes, what is the opinion
> of the collective on this format and, more importantly to me as an autocrat,
> do you think limiting the size of the feast to less than half of the
> projected attendance will cause much wailing and gnashing of the teeth?

I size feast based on the size of the feast hall and what the kitchen
equipment can handle.  We post a waiting list at reservation in case we get
any openings.  I find it alot easier buying and planning food when I know how
many I'll be feeding.