[Sca-cooks] period scallop recipes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Oct 15 22:05:25 PDT 2001

Greg asked:
> I have scallops do you have a recipe for cevish

I assume you mean one of the uncooked fish/seafood recipes that uses
acid to "cook" the fish. Isn't the name something closer to "ceviche"?

Anyway, I don't have any period recipes for scallop ceviche, but if
you'd like to try some period scallop recipes, you might take a look
at some of them in this file in the FOOD-MEATS section of the
Florilegium:
seafood-msg       (77K)  4/20/01    Medieval non-fish seafood. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/seafood-msg.html
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net