[Sca-cooks] flutes, recorders and thanks

Nambeanntan at aol.com Nambeanntan at aol.com
Wed Oct 17 23:55:16 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/18/2001 2:10:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

> You might then find this file in the PERFORMANCE ARTS section of the
> Florilegium to be of interest:
> flutes-msg        (37K)  9/29/99    Period flutes and whistles. Shawms.
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERFORMANCE-ARTS/flutes-msg.html

Unless I'm misinformed, the transverse or German flute is post Baroque.
Recorders, shawms, crumhorns and other period wind instruments require a
different aperture making the switch from one group to the other very
difficult. Most music teachers will tell you do one or the other.

BTW thanx for the input on the Broadway menu, hopefully the kitchen will have
an oven by the time of the dinner.  Well, at least they're not reshingleing
the roof.

Annan
Brineside Moor, Trimaris