[Sca-cooks] Being A Cook

Fri Oct 19 11:25:26 PDT 2001

I think this may be an excellent topic for discussion.  Being known for my
cooking before the SCA arrived in Oklahoma, I'm granted carte blanche
because I can handle the planning, budgeting, purchasing, preparation and
delivery of a feast, but I know that there are many others who have a far
more difficult time due to feast stewards of limited ability and large ego
(not that mine is small by any means).

I've being reading the current CA on Autocratting 101 and I'm not impressed
by the sections on feasts.  I believe the people on this list can provide
better information about bidding and running a feast.  Considering the
number of insipid, mediocre, and abysmal feasts I have encountered over the
years, I'm for anything which may improve matters.

So, power mad peer, if the concensus wills it, what is the agenda?

Bear