[Sca-cooks] Gum and its uses...

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 29 11:03:51 PST 2001

>I was browsing in an Asian Indian grocery store, and amongst the
>spice I found a small packet labelled "Edible Gum".

With Halloween in a day or so, I noticed those wax lips hanging in the local
99 cent store.  Knowing the 99 cent stores around here, they tend to keep
candy, well...a LONG time (beginning of this year I saw candy from the
disney movie "Hercules"...no wonder its 99 cents).  But THOSE are supposedly
edible as well.  Taste good, NO, but edible YEAH.

Of course, being edible doesn't always consititute what you'd WANT to eat.
Spam comes to mind (or velveta to those vegetarians out there...you guys
need a "spam" subsititute too!).  Yeck.

--Arte