[Sca-cooks] Meat preservation

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 30 06:50:30 PST 2001

>Uh oh. Hopefully they didn't pretend this was period.

Not at all. As I said, they felt it was a bit of a joke
that I'm too new too appreciate. But I think a lot of
the attitude was that period food is yucky. I guess showing
up with a pie made with prunes didn't help the point. Although
in my documentation I mentioned that prunes are nothing more
than dried plums. After a while I started offering pieces of
"plum pie".

>Which barony in Atenveldt was this?

I now reside in Sundragon, which is part of the Phoenix region.

>Different kinds of corned beef? Or do you just mean corned beef
>with different side dishes.

Different uses for corned beef. Hash, sandwiches, dinners with
veggies, etc...
It looked good though.

>Unless it has been presented on this list previously, what is your
>redaction. How did you present it?

Unfortunately I didn't get to present it until the next day
so it lost some of its impact. The whipped custard had fallen. But
it was still very tasty.

I used "Take A Thousand Eggs" as my basis and pretty much used
Cindy's redaction as a guide since I didn't have a lot of time
to expiriment.