[Sca-cooks] pine nut candy (and more)

Dunbar, Debra debra.dunbar at aspenpubl.com
Mon Oct 1 11:03:04 PDT 2001

My fault - my server choked on the original message.
This is the pinenut candy originally from Curye on Inglysch, redacted by
Maggie Black in The Medieval Cookbook.

I tripled her recipe (which may have been one of my problems), and wasn't
happy with the skimpy amount of pine nuts she used, so I doubled those.  I
put it in an aluminum tray with edges where it set more like fudge.  I'm not
sure if it's supposed to be harder than this or not, but I can imagine some
messy eating if I serve it this soft at an event.

The batch Olwen got to eat at the cooks' guild meeting suffered from a 2
hour car ride in 85 degree temps and arrived downright runny.  After a brief
shot in the fridge we could stand no more and ate it with spoons.  It was
particularly good "spread" on the cake.
Wrynne