[Sca-cooks] pine nut candy (and more)

Steve s.mont at verizon.net
Mon Oct 1 10:55:12 PDT 2001

--
Haven't gotten the original pine nut candy post (lousy stinking email
server), but, if these are the Pine Nut candy mentioned in Platina as "On
Pine Kernels" I've made them a number of times.  What works best for me is
making it in small batches 1/2 cup of kernels and 1/2 cup of sugar at a
time, melting the sugar over a med-high heat then adding the pine kernels
as soon as the sugar is melted.  This is one time that I prefer non-stick
pans since it makes cleaning the pan between batches easier.  What I've
been doing is dropping them onto an air-core cookie sheet so they cool
quickly and they don't stick to the aluminum.  I'm going to try spooning
the sugar-kernel mixture into aluminum foil molds next time I make them.

Æduin