[Sca-cooks] On cubebs and grains of paradise

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Oct 2 08:52:39 PDT 2001

> Wow.  I just went to that site.  I must say, it seems expensive to me.
> Although I pay a few cents more for galangal root (I pay $1.80 for the cut
> root) I pay only $1.75 and ounce for cubebs as opposed to their $3.00; and I
> get grains of paridise for $2.40 an ounce as compared to their $4.00.  Makes
> me glad of something here in Baltimore, the dirty little city.

Can anyone suggest other online sources that accepts credit cards and has
fast shipping, for herbs and spices? I've used Penn herb but have found
that their stuff tends to acquire a certain sameness of smell and I'm not
sure it's fresh. Atlantic Spice is well regarded but they only cover the
things I can get by phone order more easily from The Village Herb Shop, my
favorite not-quite-local supplier. (Anyone who will sell me an armload of
dried hops on the vine for the Celtic Classic demo is my hero, ok?)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa