[Sca-cooks] On cubebs and grains of paradise

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Oct 3 06:19:14 PDT 2001

I've always had good luck with Penzy's...don't know if that's the one you're
talking about here, but what I've gotten from them has always been very fresh.  In
fact, the mint I bought was so fresh it still had all of the stems, etc. in the
bag....grrrrrrrrrrr!  Can you imagine having to separate the stems from the leaves
(dried) for 60 Chicken & Cherry pies?  Not a lot of fun.  But the fragrance and
taste were the freshest I've encountered other than what I pick from my own
garden.

Kiri