[Sca-cooks] Re: Soap (recipe source)

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 15:39:18 PDT 2001

As I recall, there were some soap recipes in the Manual de
mugeres, which translation should be in the Florilegium
(the revised version of my portion forthcoming.  Really.  I
promise).  Most started with soap and then scented it or
fiddled with it to make some other type of stuff, but it
would at least give you some clues/ideas.

I'd be interested to hear about your adventures.  I got to
try some tallow-based soap once and loved it, but haven't
been able to find any since (it's not "cruelty-free,"
apparently).

Dana/Ximena

> Sue Clemenger wrote:
> > Anyone out there have any sources on period soap
> recipes, references,
> > etc.? (besides the Florilegium, of course <g>).>
> --Maire

=====
She takes us wanderers under her wing; sings us songs 'til the coming of the spring
Lifts our souls far into the night; fills our dreams with endless delight
Angel of Darkness, Angel of Mercy, take away the sorrow, take away the pain.
     (Angel of Bells -- J. Lapidus)