[Sca-cooks] Re: Soap (recipe source)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Oct 2 23:20:10 PDT 2001

Dana/Ximena said:
> As I recall, there were some soap recipes in the Manual de
> mugeres, which translation should be in the Florilegium
> (the revised version of my portion forthcoming.  Really.  I
> promise).  Most started with soap and then scented it or
> fiddled with it to make some other type of stuff, but it
> would at least give you some clues/ideas.

Ur, uh, nope not yet. I remember there were a number of suggestions/
corrections to your translations. It got to be rather long and I
thought somewhat difficult to follow with the corrections and corrections
to corrections, etc.  I think I was waiting for a revised translation
after you had read the replies and figured out what to change and what
not to change.

It is still a work that I really would like to see out there as a resource
and I'd love to have it in the Florilegium. Maybe I should go ahead and
web
what I have, rough as it is. It is a 248K file, though. Thoughts, anyone?

I also have this file, but I don't remember if there are any of the
soap recipes in it or not.
Man-d-Mujeres-art (12K)  4/19/01    Selected redactions from the "Manual
de
                                       Mujeres" by Lady Serian.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/Man-d-Mujeres-art.html

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net