[Sca-cooks] What class would you teach/take?

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Oct 3 09:17:59 PDT 2001

Elizabeth A Heckert wrote: Gentle Cousins;
If you had a weekend event to teach or take classes on period
food, what kind of classes would you like? Thanks! Elizabeth
I've normally taught sessions on cookery bibliography and
reference work within the Society. Those remain my strong
interests, especially the history of the book trade and
publishing within England in the 16th and 17th centuries.
That being said,
I've always wanted to take a week and go take one of Barbara
Wheaton's sessions in Boston or even take one of the guided
culinary trips to France that is offered once in awhile by
Radcliffe. These tend to be sessions on the history of foods in
France and French cookbooks. Then's there's Leeds, Oxford (like
to go back) and Australian food conferences which while not sca-period
are usually very interesting for the people one meets.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway