[Sca-cooks] I RUINED MY POT

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Oct 3 10:05:55 PDT 2001

Back in the '60's, my mother left a pan of
eggs on a low simmer and came into town to get
us from school. Of course, by the time we get
back home the water had boiled off and the eggs
had burned in the shells or exploded all over
the ceiling. Not to mention that the pan was a
disaster. We cleaned it up, but it became the
catfood pan and was used to serve the outdoor cats
their kitchen scraps in...

So regarding your pan.....
I'd make a trip to the nearest Revereware outlet
store and have DH buy me a new saucepan. Or I was
going to suggest contacting Revere and asking them.
This proved to be difficult as Revere
was purchased by Corning and Corning Revere was
then sold to a company called World Kitchen.I
finally found their website.
See their web page at:
http://www.worldkitchen.com/index3.asp
World Kitchen's principal products are glass, glass ceramic and metal
cookware, bakeware, kitchenware, tabletop products and cutlery sold
under
well-known brands including CorningWare®, Pyrex®, Corelle®, Visions®,
Revere®, EKCO®, Baker’s Secret®, Chicago Cutlery®, OXO® and
Grilla Gear®. World Kitchen has been an affiliate of Borden, Inc. and a
member of the Borden Family of Companies since April 1998.
So you can contact World Kitchen about Revere.
(In the old days, we used to drive over to
a little store in Clinton Illinois. They actually
made the pots and pans there in a factory and
sold the imperfects locally.)

Johnna Holloway Johnnae llyn Lewis