[Sca-cooks] lands

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Wed Oct 3 11:31:21 PDT 2001

>Assumptions are too funny. When my father was stationed in Germany, mom made
>a point to learn the language and she was rather proud of herself for
>speaking nothing but German in public. In a restaurant, they were approached
>by two children who asked if they were from Texas.

In the mid-80's while travelling in Belgium, upon telling the person that I
was from Quebec, I was asked if I came by bus or by train...  <shrug>

They also thought we lived in igloos and had sleigh dogs (commonly found
assumption still in the US about Canada!)

<shrug>  It's a bit 'o fun.

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka