[Sca-cooks] lands

Jennifer Thompson JenniferT at ptb.com
Wed Oct 3 09:29:48 PDT 2001

>>  Everyone gets
>> picked on about where they live,

Assumptions are too funny. When my father was stationed in Germany, mom made
a point to learn the language and she was rather proud of herself for
speaking nothing but German in public. In a restaurant, they were approached
by two children who asked if they were from Texas. Appalled that her accent
had given her away, mom admitted they were and the kids asked if their
horses were tied up outside and could they go pet them?

8-) This in the mid 60's since they came back to the States in 69.

For those who've never been here, all those movies that are set in Texas,
weren't filmed here. Yes, West Texas has desert. And East Texas has swamp,
tall pine forests, azaleas and roses and South Texas has shrimp boats and
North Texas has well, odd weather. Cities. Um, a couple of rather nice
museums. But no cactus!! Just mesquite. Almost as bad, I'm afraid.

And I wanna hear about Adamantius losing his eyebrows. Critter on a spit or
Thai food? I've had cajun that cauterized my tonsils.