[SCA-Cooks] What class would you teach/take?

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Wed Oct 3 13:11:47 PDT 2001

> Magdalena, we've discussed in the past the reason, but it is specifically forbidden to butcher an animal at Pennsic.  I think it's in the rules posted to the pennsicwar.org website as well as in those sent out ahead and provided onsite, but the website it in its usual post-War state and I'm not home so don't have any of the documents with me.  I've seen it, though.

I know you're not allowed to butcher at Pennsic.  The lady asked if it
was legal to butcher at "an event," she didn't specify Pennsic.  There
are a lot of other events out there, and it is legal to butcher in
public assuming you meet whatever requirements are in place and the site
permits it.  I've seen it done at non-SCA historical reenactment events,
as well as state fairs.

-Magdalena