[Sca-cooks] lands

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Oct 3 21:33:17 PDT 2001

On the other hand, I hand a friend who was, I think, down in New Mexico,
or maybe TX (some place hot, and south of the Mason-Dixon line), and
tried to pay for something (by check??...or perhaps credit card?...it's
been a while since I've heard the story), and was told (emphatically)
that they didn't accept that form of payment unless it was from an
American. Further efforts to assure the salesperson that, indeed,
Montana was a state, and not a province of Canada, were futile.....
--Maire (who has east-coast relatives who think we lack indoor plumbing,
live in soddies, and fight off indians on our way to the one-room school
house, 10 miles up hill each way, and always through snow.....)