[Sca-cooks] Butchering/ fish heads

Dunbar, Debra debra.dunbar at aspenpubl.com
Thu Oct 4 09:39:15 PDT 2001

OK, I have to confess that I grew up in a Wonder-bread home where the only
meat we had was purchased at the grocery pre-cut into tiny serving sizes and
wrapped in plastic.  Until I was in college, the only fish I had ever eaten
came pre-breaded in a box.  You warmed it up in the oven and ate it covered
in ketchup.

That said, I really want someone to teach me how to deal with fish.  You
know, the ones with the heads still on them?  How do I cut them up? Do I do
this before I serve them, or does each person cut their own at the table?
If someone delivers fresh caught fish to me, what do I do with them?!!

Also, I can hack up a turkey, but have no idea where different parts of what
are on any other animal.  So, yes, please to any classes on butchering in
Atlantia!!

Wrynne