[Sca-cooks] Halloween eats/parkin

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 6 04:42:32 PDT 2001

A standard teaspoon is 5ml based on an international medical standard.  A
tablespoon is 3 or 4 teaspoons dependent on local standards.  IIRC, the
English standard tablespoon is 3 teaspoons while the Australian standard
measure is 4 teaspoons.  A dessertspoon falls between a teaspoon and a
tablespoon and is not a standard measure.

The US pint is not 3/4 of the British Imperial pint.  It is 4/5.
Considering the the US pint is based on the English wine gallon in force
under Elizabeth I, I would say you received the Queen's full measure.

Bear