[Sca-cooks] Pots

Nikki McGeary draculachanter at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 09:18:34 PDT 2001

>by the time we get
>back home the water had boiled off and the eggs
>had burned in the shells or exploded all over
>the ceiling. Not to mention that the pan was a
>disaster.

My mother used to have a terrific pressure cooker,
until Daddy decided to make popcorn in it one day.  He
had too much oil in the bottom and the heat was too
high.  The corn, popped and not, was so black and so
thoroughly seared to the pot that we couldn't even
clean it to save our lives.  Needless to say, Mother
was livid.  I don't remember the brand, but I'd love
find one some day.  It was a heavy grey set, probably
iron, but it was 20 years ago and I don't remember
much about it.  Mother kept the pot in the garage
because she still didn't want to throw it away!

Interesting that my father eventually became rather a
gourmet chef in later years, may he rest in peace.  :)

Heloise

=====
"You should never doubt what no one is sure about."
Willy Wonka