[Sca-cooks] Hungry

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Oct 5 13:43:25 PDT 2001

I can second that I really like my Jenn-air
with convection oven for home use. I got the
radiant element cooktop which means that it
has the smooth black surface. I grew up with
electric stoves and never ever got used to gas
in a home, even though I know that all "foodies"
cook on gas or coal-burning aga's. Anyway I tend to
adjust the temp down 25 degrees if using the convection
oven setting and reduce time to 3/4's of the original.
Sometimes I check and rotate. Mine has a really accurate
oven so at times I bake until almost done and then switch
over to convection for the final browning (like biscuits).
I would think that you could start out with the microwave
and then brown with convection oven... but I am guessing
that this is very specific to the types of foods, amounts
of those foods, and types of dishes that you are using.
Also placement in the oven since you are getting uneven cooking.
And specific to type and power of the oven itself.
There ought to be general guidelines in the book that came
with the microwave or check the company's website.
If you can't find anything, let me know and I'll run it for
you and see what I can find.

Johnnae llyn Lewis Johnna Holloway
Marian Rosenberg wrote: snipped---