[Sca-cooks] Canadian Friends

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 6 19:44:41 PDT 2001

Very possible, but I haven't come across a reference for them.

Espejo's expedition into the Southwest in 1582 marks the beginning of
Spanish colonization.  Onate became the first governor of New Mexico in
1598.  Santa Fe, the oldest city in the Southwest, was officially
established in 1609, although it was a native pueblo long before that.

The longest running and best known thanksgiving celebration in the
Southwest, Fiesta de Santa Fe, celebrates the reconquest of New Mexico in
1692 after the Spanish were forced out by the Pueblo Uprising of 1680.

Bear