[Sca-cooks] A challenge to Duke Cariadoc

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Oct 6 21:00:38 PDT 2001

Barbara Nostrand wrote:

> Noble Cousin!
>
> Greetings from Solveig! I am rather perplexed by this purported challenge
> to Duke Cariadoc of the Bow. What manner of challenge can take place in
> the kitchens of 12th night in the East Kingdom? For that matter, I can
> think of many fine cooks who could lay down the gauntlet. What of them?
> What nature of contest is this?

It's a long story... His Grace and I had debated extensively on a matter of recipe interpretation. The autocrat of the next EK 12th Night was asking His Grace if he would be interested in attending the event and demonstrating, with hands-on materials, how his interpretation is superior to mine. I actually had wanted to do exactly this at Pennsic, but haven't made it to a Pennsic since we've been discussing this. As for the other many fine cooks, they're entitled tp their own opinions and can issue their own challenges, if challenges they be.

Adamantius

P.S. Puck, you're toast.
--
Phil & Susan Troy