[Sca-cooks] Canadian Friends

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sun Oct 7 07:53:16 PDT 2001

I believe that President Lincoln was the first to make it a national
holiday.  However, a feast of thanksgiving is something that was practiced
from time immemorial, and probably in 'most every culture around the
world.  It's usually the culmination of the harvest time.  My understanding
was that we were talking about the first of these feasts to be held in
America and known to history.

Kiri