[Sca-cooks] An Apology (was A challenge to Duke Cariadoc)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Oct 7 18:28:56 PDT 2001

Elizabeth A Heckert wrote:

>     My understanding is that Moslems, Jews and Christian were able to
> live together peacefully for a time in Moorish Spain.  Maybe we've been
> able to re-create a *really* good part.

Sicily also- especially during the reign of Frederick II who was
particularly 'flexible', around 1200. He's the one who got in trouble
with most of the Western World for going on crusade and then making
treaty with the Saracens instead of simply filling lots of them. If I
was going to start over in the SCA I might consider a persona in 13th c
Sicily... or Merovingian France... or late 12th c Outremer...

*sigh* So litle time, so many personae...

'Lainie