[Sca-cooks] scottish foodstuffs

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Mon Oct 8 19:27:10 PDT 2001

Adamantius wrote:
>largely out of anger because, due to American copyright laws of the
>time, he felt he wasn't getting enough royalties from American sales.

Considering that he wasn't getting any royalties at all from American sales
at the time, due to America's refusal to join international copyright
treaties until at the end of the 19th century, as a writer I do understand
his anger. I'd probably have been pretty pissed off too, especially if my
works were being sold in hundreds of thousands of copies (as Dickens books
were) and I wasn't being paid a cent.