[Sca-cooks] Re: Mel Gibson and indigo.

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Tue Oct 9 05:51:54 PDT 2001

I'm not sure how folks are getting woad to be permanent, unless they are
just reluctant to use soap.  I paint people with woad on a fairly regular
basis, usually getting well coated with it myself in the process.  It comes
off easily with soap and water, baby wipes, or even just plain water and a
tiny amount of elbow grease.  If your skin is very heavily calloused and
thus porous, you can sometimes get it settled into cracks just like any
other kind of dirt (it can be hard to get out from under your fingernails,
for example) but other than that I've never had any problems.

=Cait

http://www.florilegium.org ****