[Sca-cooks] And now- for something completely different!- rose hips!

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Oct 9 06:20:12 PDT 2001

> Yes I've had rose hip tea, but it was in a tea bag.  Other than that I have
> never seen rose hips. I guess i've lead a very sheltered life.

Not having seen rose hips is a common phenomenon, even in the SCA. The
other weekend I was packing up my stuff for the Celtic Classic demo (I do
a scratch'n'sniff herb display) and put in the rose hips, even though I
thought they might be boring. I got more comments and questions from
SCAdians and mundanes alike about the rose hips than about anything else!

Thank you, Adamantius, for the Rose Hip sauce recipe. Anybody else got
some good rose hip recipes? I got some beautiful hips from my herb shop
and want to use them ASAP.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa