[Sca-cooks] Pumpkins

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Wed Oct 10 22:31:09 PDT 2001

>Does someone know if the decorative pumpkins and other decorative cuties
>they sell around Halloween are edible?

I don't know about all of them, but I used to make some really rather
awesome soup (if I may say so myself) with the smaller pumpkins, about
softball sized.  And it's *easy* to make too...

Cut the lid open, remove the seeds.  Salt and pepper inside.  Fill with
heavy whipping cream.  Put on a baking sheet in over at 350-375 F.  When
it's cooked, take out of the oven (time depends on temp of oven and size of
the beasties).  Pour in a shot of port or sherry in the middle of the
cream, serve as is.

When the guests eat it, they'll get different mixtures and different
quantities of port, cream, and pumpkin.  As they eat more, it gets mixed
more.  A hit each and everytime, and *totally* not period!!! :-)

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka
Nicolas Steenhout