[Sca-cooks] Pumpkins

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Wed Oct 10 23:05:46 PDT 2001

At 12:26 AM 10/11/2001 -0500, you wrote:

> >Cut the lid open, remove the seeds.  Salt and pepper inside.  Fill with
> >heavy whipping cream.  Put on a baking sheet in over at 350-375 F.  When
> >it's cooked, take out of the oven (time depends on temp of oven and size of
> >the beasties).  Pour in a shot of port or sherry in the middle of the
> >cream, serve as is.
>
>Would it work as well with regular heavy cream, the kind used for coffee and
>tea, rather than whipping cream?

Alban,

I fear not.  It *might*, it's worth testing I guess.  But to my knowledge,
the only creams that will reduce (boil down), hence thicken, is the heavy,
35% or so fat matter, cream.  I don't think the texture would be right with
any other creams.  But then, I'm picky, and a "cream snob" :-)

The cream most used in coffee and tea is referred often, in the US and
Canada anyway, as "Half and Half".  I believe it usualy is 'round 15% fat
matter.

If you try it and like the result, please do let us know :-)

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka
Nicolas Steenhout