[Sca-cooks] was Chocolate Moose. Roadside America

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Oct 11 13:57:01 PDT 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Speaking of road side attractions.
>
> The local DJ on one of the stations here has been talking about a dinner in
> Austin, I think, that offers a free...what was it..a 72 oz steak...about 4
> 1/2 pounds it came out to...if you could eat the whole dinner in something
> like an hour.  Stefan or Bear, you ever hear about the place?

Billy Bob Jack's Barbecue and Steak House in Ithaca has a "49er
challenge"--49 ounces of dead cow, with sides, prepared how you like
it. If you manage to eat all of it in an hour, you get it free, or used
to. And you get your name on a plaque. Someone I know was crazy enough to
try it, and managed in just under an hour. He couldn't even look at meat
for weeks.

Margaret