[Sca-cooks] was Chocolate Moose. Roadside America

Thu Oct 11 14:25:32 PDT 2001

The Big Texan in Amarillo, complete with 3-story cowboy out front.  If you
can consume the 72 ounce steak, potato and salad in one hour, your dinner is
free.  It's a come on to get people interested enough to stop and try the
steaks even if they don't want to tackle the "Big Texan."

I used to eat there when I was regularly making the run between Oklahoma
City and Albuquerque.  They serve decent steaks, but I've had better.  Last
time I was in a few years ago, they were getting a little pricey.

Bear