[Sca-cooks] New gadget

phoenissa at netscape.net phoenissa at netscape.net
Sun Oct 14 11:12:53 PDT 2001

Elaine Koogler <ekoogler at chesapeake.net> wrote:

>I don't suppose you have an actual recipe for these, do you?
>
>Kiri

No, I don't, sorry!  The recipe is my mom's, which means two things: 1) it's 400 miles away from me, and 2) she doesn't give it away to anybody ;-)

I did a quick search online, and found nothing; one recipe in French, but there were lots of differences between it and my mom's.  (Weird ones, like using brandy instead of rosewater.  Hmph.)  However, if you want to taste these scrumptious pastries for yourself, you can order them online.  Shatila, a mid-eastern bakery based in Michigan, makes fabulous desserts, and they ship them just about anywhere.  www.shatila.com  Click on "products," then "mamoul" - there are pictures, if anyone's curious to know what these look like, and they sell both the molded cookies and the sheets.  I highly recommend just about anything from their bakery :-)  Their baklawa is excellent too...

Vittoria
(not affiliated, just a happy customer)

PS But if I do come across a good mamoul recipe, I'll post it here if people want to see it :-)