[Sca-cooks] (no subject)

Philip W. Troy & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 15 03:31:50 PDT 2001

  Gregoire Belland wrote:

>I have scallops do you have a recipe for cevish

I'm doing this kind of off-the-cuff, but  a basic formula might involve,
for every pound of scallops, perhaps 1/2 cup of lime or lemon juice, 1/4
- 1/2 tsp salt, and some type of hot pepper stimulus -- I like about a
tablespoon or two of fine julienne-cut green hot chillies, such as
jalapenos, unripe Scotch bonnets, etc., plus an equal amount, similarly
cut, of sweet red Bell pepper (or red chili), and the same cut of red
onion, at least half an onion, but really as much as you like. Marinate
for a minimum of 6-8 hours, or overnight, then drain off some of your
citrus juice (all but about an ounce or two) and toss the remainder with
about an ounce of good olive oil. This last is distinctly optional and,
as far as I know, not done in South America, but it's good anyway.

Garnish with plenty of chopped cilantro and/or scallion.

HTH,

Adamantius