[Sca-cooks] Great News!

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 08:16:03 PDT 2001

>Vivant, Olwen and Cordelia!  Now I wish I'd stayed around late enough
>for court, so I could finally figure out who you are in person, Olwen ;)
>
>-Magdalena

You were there???  And I didn't meet you???  Now I am sad.  You didn't get
by the Crown's shared pavillion?  That is where we set up the hospitality.
You didn't eat?  Cripes.  Now we may have to wait a year before we meet.  I
sure hope not.

Anyway, we did not get our awards in the big Court at night.  They had a
small Court in the pavillion in the afternoon just long enough to give us
our awards there.  We are both rather shy and I think they knew I would make
a scene, which I did.  Dragged up to the Queen while I'm mutterieng "I
didn't do it!"   "I didn't do anything!".  Then the Queen asks what I made
up on the Hospitality table and I answer (truthfully) "Not much" and she
goes on about the marzipan shrimp and roses as I try to escape then puts the
medallion on me backwards and asks Chirhart (who was holding me in place) to
fix it.  So Chirhart proceeds to try to hang me with the medallion ~ right
there ~ in front of the Queen ~ while everyone is laughing!  I shall make
every attempt never go to Court again.  I was so embarrased.  The award was
given for cooking and teaching, not solties.
Olwen