[Sca-cooks] More Great News!

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 14:36:21 PDT 2001

>An Augmentation is a very special, very rarely
>given honor in every kingdom I know of that gives them
>out.

I appreciate this explanation. To tell the truth I wasn't
really sure what it meant.  :-)

I don't think I've done particularly much and it was a
very nice gesture.

>It's usually a badge of some sort, related to the
>kingdom arms, that one may put on one's own device
>(usually on the sinister canton,

Their Majesties want the Ansteorran Star put on my
arms but They weren't allowed to state exactly what
before the heralds approve it. So what I'm thinking
of doing is putting a Crown (which I was already allowed)
in the center and centered on the Crown will be the
Ansteorran Star. It should look nice. But I have
to submit the request for augmentation to the Heralds
office before I can do that.

>In Calontir, I think there have been maybe 6 or 7
>given out since we went kingdom, 17 years ago.

I know that founding barons/esses are allowed the augmentation
of the arms of the barony, the first Crown is often allowed
the kingdom arms in augmentation but not many more. I think
someone said there have been 10 Augmentations granted in
Ansteorra's nearly 30 years.

>It's given for bringing honor and credit to the kingdom and
>its inhabitants for really, really major and really, really
>long-lasting service all over the place, usually.
>Or something like that.

I don't think I'm all that. But I like your explanation better
anyway.

Thank you.

>Alban, old retired herald

Gunthar