[Sca-cooks] Dayboards

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Mon Oct 15 16:25:58 PDT 2001

> <<  Is a dayboard a
>>meal or just things to knosh on >>
>
> Think of dayboard as a buffet. Lots of carbohydrates to fill the stomach with
> protein and vegetables/fruits to round out the table.

Buffet, yes.  But, the makeup of it really depends on the kind of event.
    For fighting events, people often try to go a little heavier on
protein, salt and water content foods.  For more genteel indoor events,
people may try for a very period spread with many neat things.  If there
is no feast, people will often make the dayboard a little more
extravagent.  Cold-weather events will often provide lots of hot soups
and things to keep people warm as well as fed.

As for is it a meal or just munchies, I'd say it's usually meant as a
light meal served buffet style.  It's more than munchies, but not quite
a fill-your-plate and sit down for a big meal kind of thing.

-Magdalena