[Sca-cooks] OLWEN'S MARZIPAN

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Mon Oct 15 20:26:09 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/15/01 3:44:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:

<< You can ask a a patissarie or a place that does wedding cakes where they
get
 their almond paste or marzipan in bulk.  As for the colouring, use a gel
 rather than the water based ones you get at the grocery store.  They work
 better and don't stain everything and run colours and they don't affect the
 marzipan with added moisture.
 Olwen >>

Olwen, I have also used the paste colours to no ill effects. Though I do
admit to using gloves when kneading the colours in. I just don't like my
hands being stained 4-5 different combinations of colours.

Finnebhir