[Sca-cooks] Catering question.

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 16 00:16:27 PDT 2001

Our wedding was like this and was a great sucssess.
We got the catering manager hooked with period menus and reeled in the chef
with spices he couldn't get hold of normally.
a 2oz bag of saffron was bribary enough to do the saffron bread and we said
he could keep the left overs.
they even got hold of bread trenchers to use.
we kept a hand on the tiller during the planning stages and had a sample
menu for a treat one evening. It was there first themed wedding and now they
do lots!!!

We also appointed a point man to deal with any problems coming out of the
kitchen.
There was only 1....they forgot to send someone out to carve the suckling
pig.
They even added a remove course when the ladies left their seats for the
tables to be re-arranged for dancing.
Vara