[Sca-cooks] competition with the regular feast

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Tue Oct 16 13:29:58 PDT 2001

    Part of it's professional courtesy - I don't want to steal someone
else's thunder, or diminish in any way what they're trying to do. I know
that I'd be really hacked if I couldn't sell feast because someone else was
selling food. Also, the first time it happened, I know the Kingdom Seneschal
would be in my face like a cat swarming out of a thrice flushed toilet. (re:
washing the kitty, previous thread)
    Another part is simply that I don't want to work the household to death.
I'm kind of used to it (I generally work a 12 to 14 hour day at events), but
other people go to events to have fun. (I used to, but then they went and
hung a bird around my neck . . . ought to call it the Order of the Albatross
. . .) If I work 'em into the ground, they're not having fun any more.
    Also, competition is good in a free market. But this isn't quite the
same thing . . . Technically, the Kingdom has a monopoly on selling dinner,
and as a rule, monopolists take a dim view of competition. Headaches I don't
need. The PTB consider me to be the Left Hand of Lucifer as it is . . .

    Sieggy